1.空头支票 lip-service
他对我们的许诺不过是个空头支票而已。
What he promised us is but a lip-service.
2.害人反害己 harm set, harm get
他吃苦果既是我们常说的“害人反害己”的最好例证
the bitter fruit he has got can be a very good example of what we call “Harm set, harm get.”
3.到底 on earth
你到底想怎么着? What on earth do you want ?
4.活见鬼 The Deuce!
真见鬼了!你不告诉他他怎么会知道我们俩在做这个买卖那?
The Deuce! How could he possibly know what business we are doing without telling him?
5.你好好琢磨琢磨吧 Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
你好好琢磨琢磨吧。他凭什么对你那样慷慨那?
Why should he be so generous to you like that? Put it in your pipe and smoke it.
6.那有怎样?So what?
我说了,那有怎样? I said it .So what?
7.完蛋了 the jig is up.
这回他完蛋了,警察在他的提箱里发现了大麻。
The jig is up this time. The police found marijuana in his briefcase.
8.添油加醋 spice up
我没有添油加醋,我说的都是事实。
I didn’t spice up. All I said is true.
9.要命的东西 the kiss of death
千万别得罪他,得罪他可是个要命的事。
Never offend him. That’ll be the kiss of death.
10.逼真 true to life
他的那张画画的真逼真。 This painting of his is true to life.
|