1. 出卖朋友 sell someone down the river
你说他不好,可他从不会出卖自己的朋友。
You may think he is bad, but he has never sold his friends down the river.
2. 有毛病 have rocks in one’s head
你把我钱借给像他那样的人?你有毛病阿?
Want me to lend the money to guy like him? Have you got rocks in your head?
3. 凑合 fill the bill
我没有新的,你先拿这个去凑合用吧。
I don’t have a new one, but you may take this to fill the bill.
4. 糊弄人 throw someone off the scent
我把实情告诉他了,可是他以为我在糊弄他。
I told him the true story, but he still thought I was throwing him off the scent.
5. 堵住某人的嘴 stop someone’s mouth
他给你那笔钱是为了堵住你的嘴。
He gave you the money in order to stop your mouth.
6. 逃学play hookey
他可不像你,动不动就逃学。
He’s not your sort, who plays hookey at will.
7. 玩儿命 play with one’s life
很多出租汽车司机说他们得玩儿命挣钱。
Many cab drivers say that they must play with their lives to get money.
8. 心里正盘算着 toy with the idea of doing
我心里正盘算着把我女儿嫁给他呢。
I was just toying wit the idea of marrying my daughter off with him.
9. 请示上边儿 ask the top kick
这个我自己决定不了,我得请示上边儿。
I can’t decide on it personally. I have to ask the top kick.
10. 吃老本rest on one’s laurels.
看来我们再也不能靠吃老本过日子了。
It seems that we can no longer afford to rest on our Laurels.
|