1. 敷衍搪塞 give someone the runaround
别拿话儿搪塞我们,我们只是想知道你到底是同意还是不同意。
Don’t give us the runaround. We’d just like to know whether you agree or not.
2.哭穷 to poor-mouth
别跟我哭穷了,我还不知道你的底细?
Don’t poor-mouth to me. I have your number.
3.白吃白喝 a freeloader
我可不愿白吃白喝别人。我不是那种爱占便宜的人。
I wouldn’t freeload .I’m not a freeloader.
4.牵线搭桥 pull the strings
听说你公司有个空位,我很想去试一试。但你能先为我牵线搭桥么?
I hear there’s an opening in your company and I would like to fill it. But will you pull some strings for me?
5.甩掉 palm of f
他让你赶紧把手中的次品都甩掉。
He urged you palm off all the shoddy goods immediately.
6.得罪某人get in Dutch with someone
张名得罪了他的上司,几个月后就被开除了。
Zhang Ming got in Dutch with his boss and in a few months he was sacked.
7.说别人的闲话dish the dirt about…
她特别喜欢说别人的闲话,是我们这出了名的长舌妇。
She is a notorious gossiper here, who is very fond of dishing the dirt about others.
8.挂个电话 give a buzz
在来之前请先给我挂个电话,以免让你扑空。
Give me a buzz before coming so that you won’t come to a locked door.
9.写封信 drop me a line
有空了给我写封信
Drop me a line when you have time.
10. 榨干血汗 bleed one white
他们是在设法榨干你身上所有的钱。
They are trying to bleed you white.
|