1.那某人当出气筒 take it out on someone
孩子们没招你惹你的,你干吗拿他们当出气筒?
What have the kids done to provoke you? Why should you take it out on them?
2.吸毒成瘾 be on the needle
你最好离这些女孩子远一点儿,她们都吸毒成瘾了。
You’d better steer clear of these girls. They are all on the needle.
3.钱花得值 get one’s money’s worth
虽然你送孩子上学得花一大笔钱,可这钱花得值。
Although you’ll have to spend a large sum on sending the kid to school, you still get your money’s worth.
4.没有儿女拖累 without encumbrance
她是个没有儿女拖累的自由女人。
She is a lady without encumbrance.
5.绝对没有I’d eat my hat if I had…
我绝对没有把那个消息告诉她。
I’d eat my hat if I had disclosed the news to her.
6.瞧一眼 give someone the once-over
听说那位演员来了,大家都想出去瞧一眼。
Hearing that the actress had arrived everyone went out and gave her the once-over.
7.把……打发走 to fob off
不用着急,你丈夫知道怎么样把那帮人打发走。
There’s no need to worry, for your husband knows how to fob the gang off.
8.抖露出去 hang out something
如果你对我不公平,我就把你的那些丑事都给抖露出去
If you’re unfair to me, I’ll certainly hang out all your dirty linen.
9. 向……行贿 grease the hand of …
那个司机企图收买警察,却被警察拒绝了。
The driver was trying to grease the hand of the coop, but he was refused.
10. 把衣服穿反了 wear…inside out
|